Japanese Holiday Wrapping with Furoshiki
Time & Location
About the Event
Welcome to Japanese Holiday Wrapping with Furoshiki on Saturday, December 5th.
Learn how to tie a furoshiki! A furoshiki is a cloth that is used to tie gifts or other items that is both stylish and efficient. In this short workshop, you will learn how to make a cute eco-friendly bag and a lovely wine-bottle wrap that makes for a gorgeous gift. It’s very easy to tie and an environmentally friendly way to wrap gifts or carry your things. You’ll never need to buy another bag or roll of gift wrap again!
Check-in time : 9:45 am
The workshop will begin at: 10:00 am
COVID19 Guidelines for attending this Workshop
● Stay home if you are sick or running fever
● 15 Maximum per class
● Protect yourself while visiting the garden.
● Stay at least 6 feet away from others in the class
● Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth
● Wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based sanitizer after using the restrooms.
● Masks are recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control in the public setting.
● Attendance at and use of the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix and its facilities is at the sole risk of the attendee/participant and the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix shall not be responsible for any injury, sickness or harm experienced by an attendee/participant from or related to such use, and by its use, the attendee/participant assumes such risk.
Your prompt arrival will ensure a more pleasurable experience not only for yourself but for the other participants as well.
The Garden is located at 1125 North 3rd Avenue, between 3rd Avenue and Latham (2 blocks North of Roosevelt). Parking is available at the garden.
When riding the Light Rail, exit at the Central and Roosevelt stop. The Garden is located on the west side of the rail, 0.3 miles from the station; it is directly behind the Irish Cultural Center (1106 N. Central Ave, Phoenix), just north of Portland Avenue. The Garden entrance is across the parking lot at 1125 N. 3rd Avenue.
Cancellation & Refund Policies
All classes that do not meet the minimum enrollment one week prior to the start date may be subject to cancellation at the Garden's discretion. The Garden will contact registered participants in classes affected by cancellations and offer refunds or placement in an alternate class.
Workshop/program participants who withdraw from a class/program at least ten business days prior to the scheduled workshop/program start date may receive a full refund on their registration. (A “business day” is defined as M-F.)
Refunds will not be given to workshop/program participants who withdraw from a class after the first class has been held.
Workshop/program participants who do not show up to the workshop/program without notification before the scheduled workshop/program must forfeit their payment and reservation.